Thursday, May 7, 2009

In loving memory


"Flower," April 27th, 2009. Nikon D80, Nikkor 60mm Macro lens, f/5.0, 1/640 sec, ISO 100. Malmö, Skåne, Sweden.

I managed to kill this pot of flowers in like 3 days, which is totally a record for me. This was taken right before tragedy struck. My last picture of the good times. I love this one because it really captures the plant's personality; you can definitely see how it always tried to be serious, but it couldn't keep a straight face. And boy, did it love mugging for the camera!! It really brings back the memories... like that one time, when I watered the plant. Oh man!! Hahhahaa... it was hilarious. I'll never forget that. Oh god... I just miss it so much. Why do bad things happen to good plants?!
The memorial service is Saturday at 10am at the First Lutheran Church, with a reception at my house afterwards so we can reminisce about our favorite memories of the plant together. Please bring a dish to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment