Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Over the hill motel


"Fabulous," April 9, 2008. Nikon D80, 18-200mm lens (at 200mm), f/11, 1/500 sec. Texas, USA.
I have a thing for old signs. Last year, The Boyfriend & I took a road trip on Route 66, and I wanted to stop every 5 feet to take pictures of all the cool old signs. Did you know that 5 feet = 0.0076 furlongs? It's true!

I wonder if 40 really is fabulous? I mean, I'm sure it's fine and all, I'm just doubtful that it's more fabulous than other ages. I guess your 30s are supposed to be flirty, and your 2s are terrible... 16s are sweet... What about 28, people?! Fish bait? Playa hate? Procrastinate? Little Man Tate? I miss being 19. Now that was a good year. Before I got all old... Now it's all grey hair and wrinkles and senior discounts. Everything was better back in the good old days... Before the bursitis set in and my grandkids stopped respecting me. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment