Thursday, February 12, 2009

I heard laughter is the best medicine, but I like antibiotics better.


"Laughing," January 6, 2009. Nikon D80, 50mm lens, f/1.4, 1/400 sec. Some small village that I don't know the name of near Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India.
Whenever people in India saw my camera, they asked me to take a picture of them. Everybody laughed when they saw their photo afterwards, especially the kids. Super fun! I'm shy about taking pictures of people when I'm on vacation because I don't want them to feel like zoo animals, and I certainly don't want them to get angry that I'm taking a picture without asking, and come over and steal my camera, throw it on the ground, stomp on it, and then punch me in the face. But I'm usually also too shy to ask first, and then maybe the candid moment is lost. Regular portraits are cool, too, but I like candid. Although, not that "Candid Camera" show. Not at all. Often, I pretend like I'm taking a photo of like, everything around me, not the person I'm really wanting to photograph, specifically. I could also take the picture I want of them, then ask them to move out of the way, pretending that I actually wanted to take a picture of what was behind them. Or, I could just take a lot of photos of plants, which is what I usually do. I love plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment